Some of the same subcontractors who built our existing home are building our new home. Not the most comforting thought. Thank goodness we have the ability to visit the job sight daily, and watch the building of our home closely. They first messed up with the footings, and now our footings are a foot wider the entire base of the house. The next major mistake was they forgot to plumb the rough plumbing for a basement kitchen. Then we learned that they had to use 2x6 in the garage because our garage will be so tall. Shouldn't they know the Codes? A little unnerving, but I have to say that the builder has been fairly easy to work with and any mistakes, he is more than willing to fix. I wish I could say the same for the super intendent. O'well I am just happy to see progress. We are just over 2 months out.
June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that is so exciting! I am sorry you are having problems, but it is going to be wonderful when you get to move in. I would be there everyday as well to make sure it all goes up as it should.
Post a Comment